Regan Hastings is the paranormal alter ego of USA Today bestselling author Maureen Child. Regan’s series, The Awakening, features a coven of reincarnated witches trying desperately to atone for mistakes made lifetimes ago, mistakes that could destroy the world. With the help of their Eternal warrior mates, the witches embark on a quest to recover the pieces of a mystical artifact that will send evil back to the depths of Hell.
One lucky commenter today will win the first two books of The Awakening: VISIONS OF MAGIC and VISIONS OF SKYFIRE.
The holidays are here. Poor men! They try so hard to buy us presents we’ll love, but they seldom get it right. Plus, if your man is anything like mine, he hasn’t bought anything yet. After all, there are still five days left until Christmas. Why plan ahead when you can put it off until the last minute? Tell the man in your life to read this blog for ideas on what – and what not – to give you this year.
Five Terrible Gift Ideas for Women
1. An iron and an ironing board. If my husband ever gave me an iron for Christmas, he would spend January with an iron-shaped burn mark on every shirt he owns. Or really, anything that has to do with chores. No vacuum cleaners, no toaster ovens. Yes, yes, I know you enjoy receiving power tools, but it’s not the same thing. In fact, any chore-related equipment you give me will automatically transfer that chore to your to-do list.
2. Pants that are two sizes too small – on purpose. No, that doesn’t motivate me to lose the weight I gained over the holidays. I realize that I told you I was going on a diet on January 1, but I don’t want to be reminded on Christmas that I need to lose weight. That means a gift certificate to Jenny Craig is out, too.
3. Sweaters decorated for Christmas. For one thing, I wouldn’t be able to wear it until the next Christmas. For another, I wouldn’t be able to wear it ever.
4. Granny panties. You really want to see me walking around in those things? I don’t want jeweled thongs, either, though. You know what, let’s just keep it simple – stay out of my drawers!
5. A knick knack. Actually, this relates back to number one, because all a knick knack is to me is something else to dust. No. More. Chores!
Tell Him What You Really, Really Want
So what’s a girl to do to make sure that she doesn’t have to fake it on Christmas morning? You need to give your man simple, clear direction about what you want. You like to be surprised? Too bad. Surprises are only fun when they’re pleasant. Let go of that little fantasy now, and you’ll be better off.
Here’s what you do: Tell your man, “I want a witch for Christmas.”
That’s it. One easy-to-remember, simple line, and then send him to the bookstore. You can even print out this blog so that he’ll have a picture of the covers of VISIONS OF MAGIC and VISIONS OF SKYFIRE, to make sure he gets the exact right gift.
“I want a witch for Christmas.”
Remember, a random commenter will win a copy of VISIONS OF MAGIC and VISIONS OF SKYFIRE, but I’m afraid the winner will be on her own as far as figuring out another way to get a good gift from her man.
So tell me, what’s the worst gift you’ve ever received? What’s the worst gift you ever heard of a friend receiving? Have you ever given a gift that you thought was good, but that the recipient didn’t seem to love? (That’s the worst feeling, isn’t it?)